The Australian Electoral Commission (AEC) maintains the electoral roll for South Australia.
You are eligible to enrol and vote if you:
- are an Australian citizen, or a British subject who was enrolled on 25 January 1984*
- are 18 years or older, and
- have live at your address for at least one month.
* South Australian electors are eligible to enrol and vote if they were a British subject enrolled between 26 October 1983 and 25 January 1984 inclusive.
You can check, enrol or update your enrolment details by choosing one of the following options:
- Check my enrolment
- Enrol online (use this link if you are enrolling for the first time or to get back on the roll)
- Update my details online (use this link if you are updating your details, such as change of name, postal or residential address, mobile phone etc)
- Print a PDF enrolment form (you can complete the form online then print, scan and send your form to the AEC)
- Pick up an enrolment form at any AEC office or Electoral Commission SA
- Call us on 1300 655 232 and we will send you an enrolment form.
Please note that you cannot enrol or update your details over the phone or by post.
If you are going overseas for a short period of time and plan to return to your address in Australia you can advise the Australian Electoral Commission of your absence. If you are unsure whether you will be returning to Australia, you may request that your name be removed from the electoral roll.
More information on living and working overseas can be found on the Australian Electoral Commission's website.
Special enrolment options
There are options if you have special needs or specific circumstances that may affect your enrolment.
By clicking on the links below, you will be redirected to the Australian Electoral Commission's website.
- Electors unable to sign their name due to physical incapacity
- General postal voters
- Long-term travellers within Australia (who will return to a permanent enrolled address)
- Norfolk Island electors
- Overseas residents or going overseas
- People with no fixed address (itinerant, homeless, living in crisis or transitional accommodation)
- Silent electors
- Workers in Antarctica