The links below provide information about funding and disclosure for candidates.
- Obligations of a candidate
- Appointing an agent
- Campaign donations returns (candidates and groups)
- Records and evidence
- Applying for public funding
- Political expenditure caps
- Reporting political expenditure (candidates and parties)
Are you a new candidate?
Disclosure periods for funding and disclosure differ depending on whether or not you are a ‘new candidate’.
You are a ‘new candidate’ if:
- you have not previously been a candidate for a House of Assembly election any time in the past five years before polling day, or
- you have not previously been a candidate for a Legislative Council election any time in the past nine years before polling day.
Refer to section 130ZF(5)(b).
Groups of candidates
Groups of candidates have the same obligations as an individual candidate. The above links provide information about a candidate’s obligations.
If you are a member of a group, you have two sets of obligations: your individual candidate obligations and group obligations.